Bell pepper sauce:
1 Bell pepper
100 ml Apple cider vinegar
Pinch of Sugar
1 fl Oz Extra-virgin olive oil
Sous vide Glazed Carrots:
1 lb Carrots, Scrubbed and peeled
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Sugar
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
Pickled Cucumber ribbons:
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Sugar
1. Season the filet mignon liberally with Kosher salt. Place Thyme, Rosemary, and garlic on top of the steak and place it inside a sous vide bag and seal it completely. With your KitchenBoss sous vide cooker, Place the steaks in the water bath that is set to 129 F - 134 F for 1 hour to achieve the perfect medium rare.
2. Make your bell pepper sauce. Heat the oven to 350 F and roast the bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until the skins are all blackened. This should take about 40 minutes.
3. Place the peppers in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Peel and remove the seeds. Finely chop and cook it with the apple cider vinegar until all the vinegar evaporates. Final step is to blend it and while it is blending, slowly drizzle the olive oil. Set aside until its ready to use.
4. For the glazed carrots, scrub and peel the carrots. Then place in a sous vide bag with the butter, sugar, and salt. Cook it in the water bath that is set to 183 F for 1 hr.
5. Take the carrots and the juices out of the bag and sauté it in high heat until a glaze is formed. This should take 2 minutes.
6. For the pickled cucumber ribbons, I used a Japanese mandolin to cut it thin and long. Then I sprinkled the cucumbers with a mixture of sugar and salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes for the pickles to cure.
7. Take your filet mignon and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes in high heat to form a nice crust.
8. Then, in the same pan, melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter. Add in a few cloves of garlic, some Thyme and Rosemary. Cook until its aromatic. Turn heat off and baste the steak with the melted butter.
9. Plate the dish however you like and be creative! Or just copy the way I plated it if you like.
Follow this recipe's creator on Tiktok @gidsgids
|Sous Vide G320 Pro||Sous Vide G321||Sous Vide G322||Sous Vide G310||Sous Vide G300|
20 recipe programs
Color TFT display
|20 Liters/min||20 Liters/min||20 Liters/min||16 Liters/min||16 Liters/min|
|Vacuum Coated Buttons||General Buttons||General Buttons||Touch Screen Buttons||Touch Screen Buttons|